Our Complaints Procedure

If you have a complaint about our organisation we want to hear about it and we will do our best to put it right.

Our Complaints Procedure has the following goals

  • To deal with complaints fairly, efficiently and effectively;
  • To ensure that all complaints are handled in a consistent manner throughout;
  • To increase customer satisfaction;
  • To use complaints constructively in the planning and improvement of all activities, services and products.

Who can complain?

Anyone who is:

  • Receiving a service or product from Burscough Community Farm;
  • Caring for someone who has a complaint;

How to complain

Burscough Community Farm would like to sort out any complaint as soon as possible.

Many complaints can be resolved informally. In the first instance contact Burscough Community Farm and, if you feel able, speak to the member of the organisation who is working with you. Ask to speak to a member of the board of directors, who will try to sort the matter out.

If you make contact in person or by phone, make a note of the name of the person you speak to. If a solution is offered at this point, make a note of this as well.

If you are not satisfied or do not wish an informal solution, you may pursue a formal complaint.

Write down your complaint and email it to: burscoughcommunityfarm@gmail.com or call 07803 925446 for a postal address to send your complaint to. You can also register your complaint through our website; search for ‘complaints procedure’ on the site.

What Happens Next?

You will receive acknowledgement of your complaint within 5 working days. You may be contacted to make sure that we have understood your complaint properly. You may be interviewed by the person investigating the complaint.

You will receive a response to your complaint within 28 working days of its receipt.

Any extension of this time limit requires your consent.

Does this always happen?

In all cases, a complaint will be given full and fair consideration. However, if as a result of your complaint, disciplinary proceedings are taken against a member of staff, an internal procedure will apply. You will be informed that disciplinary proceedings have taken place, but as these proceedings are confidential. You will only be informed of the details or outcome of matters outside of this procedure.

If a criminal offence is alleged, then the police will be informed.

Can you have someone with you when your complaint is discussed?

Yes, you can.

Can you fill in a complaint online?

Yes, you can, and it’s the quickest and most efficient way of doing it. Click onto the button below to log an official complaint.

If you prefer to download the complaints procedure, click onto the button below.